Helen Perris Music Studio offers the following services.
+ Private and Shared Lessons
Private and shared lessons are given at the Lalor Park studio. Lessons may be ongoing or for the purposes on working on a short term project. Shared lessons are offered for parents and their young children.
Ongoing lessons in singing, piano, composition/songwriting, music theory or musicianship are available, and lessons may focus on one area or a combination of areas. Ongoing students benefit from weekly or twice weekly lessons and consistent home practice in between lessons. Lessons are charged by the term. There is a 10% early bird discount for payment 14 days prior to commencement of term.
- Solo Beginners Package (30 minutes per week) – $450 per term ($45 x 10 lessons)
- For beginning piano students 7 years and older or beginning singing students 12 years and older
- Parent & Child Beginners Package (45 minutes per week) – $675 per term ($67.50 x 10 lessons)
- Parents and children (aged 3-7 years) share a lesson, learning music together through activities both at the piano and off the bench (singing, musical games, fun theory and movement)
- Parents do not need any previous musical knowledge
- Development Package (45 minutes per week) – $675 per term ($67.50 x 10 lessons)
- Ideal for adult beginner singers, highly motivated young beginners, or students who need more time to explore repertoire and musical concepts
- Recommended package for students working on exams
- Intensive Package (60 minutes per week) – $900 per term ($90 x 10 lessons)
- For advancing students, students wanting more time to explore repertoire and musical concepts in depth, or students learning in two areas (such as piano and singing, or singing and songwriting)
- Recommended package for students working on advanced exams
- Fast Track Package (45 minutes twice a week) – $1350 per term ($67.50 x 20 lessons)
- Want to fast track your progress? Two lessons per week enables the student to explore even more repertoire and musical concepts in great depth, and learn and perfect technique more quickly
- This package would suit highly motivated students aiming for music scholarships
- Fast Track Intensive Package (60 minutes twice a week) – $1800 per term ($90 x 20 lessons)
- Two intensive lessons per week enables the student to work on a large variety of repertoire and musical concepts in great depth in more than one area, and learn and perfect technique and develop musicality rapidly.
- This package would suit extremely motivated students, or those working towards tertiary music studies or preparing for work as a professional musician
Shorter term projects such as HSC Music performance polishing, HSC Music classwork assistance, audition preparation, or composition or songwriting projects can be catered for either by signing up for one to two terms of the ongoing packages or taking advantage of one of the occasional packages or fully flexible lessons. Lessons using these packages can be scheduled weekly for five consecutive weeks or can be taken as needs arise, as often as three times a week or even over the course of a year.
- Occasional Package 1 (5 x 30 minute lessons to be taken at any time) – $225 ($45 x 5 lessons)
- Ideal for former students wanting the occasional lesson to maintain technique
- Occasional Package 2 (5 x 45 minute lessons to be taken at any time) – $337.50 ($67.50 x 5 lessons)
- Recommended package for audition preparation
- Occasional Package 3 (5 x 60 minute lessons to be taken at any time) – $450 ($90 x 5 lessons)
- Recommended package for HSC Music needs
- Fully Flexible Lessons (eg one offs, or non-package occasional lessons) – $120 for 1 hour lessons
+ Online Courses
Online lessons via FaceTime are currently available for students unable to attend the studio in person. These are charged at the same rate as the Ongoing and Occasional Packages above.
Online courses for music theory, composition and songwriting are coming soon!
Please sign up to the mailing list at the top of the page if you are interested in our soon-to-be-launched online courses.
+ Group Lessons and Workshops
Masterclasses and workshops for existing private students are usually run onsite. Group lessons and workshops are run out of a large space off-site. Costs vary depending on the location, length of workshop and size of the group.
Helen is available to run workshops for your school, company or community group in the following areas:
- performance skills
- musical theatre
- acting for singers
- singing for actors or dancers
- movement for singers
- voice work
- vocal health for teachers
Please contact Helen to discuss your needs and a workshop can be tailored to suit your purposes.
If you would like to engage Helen to direct or vocal coach your school musical, please use our contact form.
+ Composition, Songwriting or Arranging
If you would like to engage Helen as a performer, songwriter, composer or arranger, please contact her through her artist website.