Helen Perris Music Studio offers the following services.
+ Private and Shared Lessons
Private and shared lessons are given at the Lalor Park studio. Lessons may be ongoing or for the purposes of working on a short term project. Shared lessons are offered for parents and their young children.
Ongoing lessons in voice/singing, piano, composition/songwriting, music theory or musicianship are available, and lessons may focus on one area or a combination of areas. Ongoing students benefit from weekly or twice weekly lessons and consistent home practice in between lessons.
Lessons are charged by the term. There is a 10% early bird discount for early payment for students paying by the term for weekly lessons. The early bird deadline is approximately 14 days prior to commencement of each term.
Please note all fees are inclusive of GST.
- Solo Beginners Package (30 minutes per week) – $508 per term ($50.80 x 10 lessons)
- For beginning piano or vocal students 7 years and older
- Parent & Child Beginners Package (45 minutes per week) – $762 per term ($76.20 x 10 lessons)
- Parents and children (aged 3-7 years) share a lesson, learning music together through activities both at the piano and off the bench (singing, musical games, fun theory and movement)
- Parents do not need any previous musical knowledge
- Development Package (45 minutes per week) – $762 per term ($76.20 x 10 lessons)
- Ideal for adult beginner singers, highly motivated young beginners, or students who need more time to explore repertoire and musical concepts
- Recommended package for students working on exams
- Intensive Package (60 minutes per week) – $1016 per term ($101.60 x 10 lessons)
- For advancing students, students wanting more time to explore repertoire and musical concepts in depth, or students learning in two areas (such as piano and singing, or singing and songwriting)
- Recommended package for students working on advanced exams
- Fast Track Package (45 minutes twice a week) – $1524 per term ($76.20 x 20 lessons)
- Want to fast track your progress? Two lessons per week enables the student to explore even more repertoire and musical concepts in great depth, and learn and perfect technique more quickly
- This package would suit highly motivated students aiming for music scholarships
- Fast Track Intensive Package (60 minutes twice a week) – $2032 per term ($101.60 x 20 lessons)
- Two intensive lessons per week enables the student to work on a large variety of repertoire and musical concepts in great depth in more than one area, and learn and perfect technique and develop musicality rapidly.
- This package would suit extremely motivated students, or those working towards tertiary music studies or preparing for work as a professional musician
Shorter term projects such as HSC Music performance polishing, HSC Music classwork assistance, audition preparation, or composition or songwriting projects can be catered for either by signing up for one to two terms of the ongoing packages or taking advantage of one of the occasional packages or fully flexible lessons. Lessons using these packages can be scheduled weekly for five consecutive weeks or can be taken as needs arise, as often as three times a week or even over the course of a year.
- Occasional Package 1 (5 x 30 minute lessons to be taken at any time) – $254 ($50.80 x 5 lessons)
- Ideal for former students wanting the occasional lesson to maintain technique
- Occasional Package 2 (5 x 45 minute lessons to be taken at any time) – $381.50 ($76.30 x 5 lessons)
- Recommended package for audition preparation
- Occasional Package 3 (5 x 60 minute lessons to be taken at any time) – $508 ($101.60 x 5 lessons)
- Recommended package for HSC Music needs
- Fully Flexible Lessons (eg one offs, or non-package occasional lessons) – $138.00 for 1 hour lessons
+ Online Courses
Online lessons via FaceTime are currently available for students unable to attend the studio in person. These are charged at the same rate as the Ongoing and Occasional Packages above.
Online courses for music theory, composition and songwriting are in development!
+ Group Lessons and Workshops
Masterclasses and workshops for existing private students are usually run onsite. Group lessons and workshops are run out of a large space off-site. Costs vary depending on the location, length of workshop and size of the group.
Helen is available to run workshops for your school, company or community group in the following areas:
- performance skills
- musical theatre
- acting for singers
- singing for actors or dancers
- movement for singers
- voice work
- vocal health for teachers
Please contact Helen to discuss your needs and a workshop can be tailored to suit your purposes.
If you would like to engage Helen to direct or vocal coach your school musical, please use our contact form.
+ Composition, Songwriting or Arranging
If you would like to engage Helen as a performer, songwriter, composer or arranger, please contact her through her artist website.
As a registered provider for the Creative Kids program, you can redeem your voucher with us and let your child develop new skills. Enrol them in a new activity so they can create something great. For more information regarding the Creative Kids program, or to learn more about the more than 40 government savings and rebates to help with your cost of living, visit service.nsw.gov.au.